Wednesday 23 October 2013

Hindi V/s English



I have not written too many posts on this blog, but whatever I have written mostly are in Hindi language. Recently I got a feedback from few of my friends who told me that they feel it difficult to read Hindi/देवनागरी  Scripts but they can speak and understand Hindi very well. It was not surprising for me because they were amongst the people whose throughout education carried out in English language, and they had an “Only English” atmosphere during their upbringing.


Today we have a large chunk of people who can speak and understand Hindi but they find it hard to read if anything is written in Hindi or in Devnagari script. Reading English novel is also a kind of fashion for today’s generation; I have seen many parents who talk to their children only in English and scold them if they utter a word in native language.
I don’t have any personal enmity with English Language; after all English language plays a big role to earn my bread and butter.

Pheww …. Now philosophy is enough, I come to the point why I do not write much in English? Answer is very simple; I do not know how to write in English. I feel myself helpless when it comes to express feelings.  For example if you want to abuse some one then will you use “F” word or use our treasure of words of Hindi? First question, why do we abuse someone, Kyonki gaali bakne ke siwa uska kuchh ukhaad nahi sakte, right? so to get best feel we always use Hindi swear words. Here my stress is on feelings and not on swear words, so do not be misguided I am talking about feelings only. When you meet your best friend after a long time will you talk to him like “hey dude, where you were for long? Whats up , uhhh? …. No you will not, if you are a real Indian, then you will say “ oye kameene, kahan tha yaar tu, gaayab hi ho gaya ssale”. Here have you noticed the FEEL?

Okay, let’s talk some romantic, here I can understand that those 3 English words are magical and can work, and you don’t need to use a single Hindi word for that, but if you love someone, then instead of saying “I love you”, say it in Hindi “mein tumse bahut pyar karta/karti hoon” and say it with a passionate eye contact, believe me not only you will get the feel but your partner will reciprocate it too.


So again I come to the point, why we can not read Hindi scripts if we can speak, understand and feel in Hindi?


With this post I would like to appeal all readers that Please read and give some time to Hindi as well, Hindi should not be taught in History subject.

नोट : यह पोस्ट हिंदी के प्रसार के लिए विशेष रूप से अंग्रेजी में लिखी गयी है , इस विरोधाबास के लिए क्षमा ॥ 
: Images from Internet

No comments:

देश भक्ति

  देश भक्ति , यह वो हार्मोन है जो हम भारतियों की रगो में आम तौर पर स्वतंत्रता दिवस, गणतंत्र दिवस  या भारत पाकिस्तान के मैच वाले दिन ख...